To monitor standard of Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) of India, University Grants Commission (UGC) has established National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) in September 1994. Its head quarter is at Bangalore. At the instance of the NAAC University has established Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) for which UGC is providing seed financial assistance. NAAC is an external quality assessment body whereas; IQAC is an internal body for quality sustenance measure and quality enhancement.
Internal Quality Assurance Cell of Vinoba Bhave University was established in 2011 by university notification vide Memo No. VBU/R/703/2011 dated 21.04.2011 under the leadership of Professor R.N.Bhagat, the then Vice-Chancellor of the University. Its first Director was Dr. C.Prasad, Professor of Botany. IQAC was reconstituted in 2014 vide Memo No. VBU/R/817/2014 dated June 18, 2014 and became active following the decision of the university to go for NAAC accreditation. Present Chairperson is Professor Gurdeep Singh, Vice-Chancellor and Director is Dr. E.N.Siddiqui, Professor of Botany.
Members of the IQAC:
- Chair Person: Professor Gurdeep Singh, V.C.
- Director: Professor Enam Nabi Siddiqui.
- External Experts:
Dr. T.Ghoshal DGM SAIL, Ranchi
Dr. S.K.Bose BIT Mesra
Dr. Pramod Pathak ISM Dhanbad
- Senior Professors:
Professor K K Srivastava
- Senior Administrator Member: Professor S.K.Agarwal CCDC
- Other Members:
- To ensure continuous improvement in entire operation of the University.
- To ensure stakeholders (Students, Alumni, Parents, Teachers & Staff, Employers, Funding Agencies and Society) connected with higher education.
Departmental IQAC :
Each University Department has its own IQAC committee consisting of 02 Faculty Members. Departmental IQAC is responsible for obtaining Student, Alumni, Guardians feedback, to perform academic audit each year and to implement quality policies.
Our Guiding Spirit is our logo:
Never Give-up, Keep Striving, Never loose heart with setback & Reach the goal.
Plan of Action Chalked out towards quality enhancements.
- Adoption of Choice Based Credit System(CBCS):
- Several Meetings with all stakeholders were arranged.
- Two Workshops on “Introduction of CBCS” were organized by IQAC on 22nd. April 2015 & 30th. May 2015.
- Finally University adopted CBCS in 24 P.G. Courses and U.G. Courses w.e.f. 2015-16.
- Review & Up gradation of Syllabuses:
- Syllables of all subjects were reviewed & Updated for making it socially relevant and job oriented as per requirements of CBCS.
After the introduction of CBCS significance impact is visible: Clipping from The Telegraph.
Opening of New Coures:
- 41/2 Bachelor of Physiotherapy (B.PT) Course has been introduced from
- This course has been introduced for the first time in the Jharkhand state
Establishment of Remedial & Coaching Classes:
- In addition to UGC Sponsored Coaching Classes for S.C.; S.T. & Minorities, University has started new Remedial & Coaching Classes for weaker students of all Categories.
- University is also preparing students for Entry into Services & for NET Preparations.
Significant activities of IQAC:
Workshop on “Awareness Programme under National Quality Renaissance Initiatives(NQRI) of NAAC” organized by NAAC & IQAC on 8th. & 9th. July 2015 .
- Dr. Arbindo Kumar Das- Former V.C. of Kalyani university.
- Dr. Siddharta Gupta- Principal, Bakura Zilla Saradamani Mahila Mahavidyapith, Nutanchati, Bakura
Sri Jayant Sinha, union minister of state for Finance, GOI ; Dr. Siddharta Gupta; Dr. A.K.Das; Dr. Gurdeep singh; Dr. M.P.Sinha
Some Important activities:
- Workshop on “How to write Project Proposal” on National Science Day- 28th. February 2015 in collaboration with Botany Department.
- Main Speaker was Dr. Deepankar Maitti Senior Scientist, CSIR- Centre of Upland Rice Research Institute.
- Padmashri Sri ASHOK BHAGAT graced the occasion.
Dr. D. Maitti. Dr. Grdeep Singh, Padmashri Sri Ashok Bhagat, Dr. M.P.Sinha
Future Course of Actions:
- Intensification of quality sustenance and quality enhancement activities on continuous basis through-
- Internal Quality Assurance Cell & Academic and Administrative Audit Committee as per norms of NAAC & UGC respectively.
- Submission of IQAC –Annual Quality Assurance Report.
Meeting and Others Documents for Dwonload