Geology is an earth science comprising the study of solid Earth, the rocks of which it is composed, and the processes by which they change. Geology can also refer generally to the study of the solid features of any celestial body (such as the geology of the Moon or Mars).
Geology gives insight into the history of the Earth by providing the primary evidence for plate tectonics, the evolutionary history of life, and past climates. Geology is important for mineral and hydrocarbon exploration and exploitation, evaluating water resources, understanding of natural hazards, the remediation of environmental problems, and for providing insights into past climate change. Geology also plays a role in geotechnical engineering and is a major academic discipline.
Profile of PG Department of Geology, VinobaBhave University, Hazaribag
Dr Hareshwar N Sinha, M.Sc.Tech (ISM, Dhanbad), Ph.D.(IIT, Roorkee)
- Designation-HEAD and Associate Professor
- Specialization-Biostratigraphy and sedimentary petrology
- Teaching experience-more than 19 years
- Paper published-23 (National and International)
- f. h-index-3
- Recent conference attended overseas-Bergen University, Norway in month of September 2015, organized by CIMP.
- Projects completed- Three projects completed, sponsored by ONGC (Dehradun) and DST (New Delhi)
- Title of ongoing project- Fossil microphytoplankton and zooplankton dynamics across the Ordovician-Silurian boundary along Kali River of the Indian Gondwana. Sponspred by DST, New Delhi.
Dr Subodh K Sinha, M.Sc. (Ranchi University), Ph.D.(Ranchi University)
- Designation-Registrar and Associate professor
- Specialization- Precambrian Geology, Remote Sensing, Structural geology
- Teaching experience-34 years
- Paper published -5
Dr Bipin Kumar, M.Sc. (Ranchi University), Ph.D. (VinobaBhave University)
- Designation-Associate Professor
- Specialization-Hydrogeology, Engineering Geology
- Teaching Experience-34 years
- Paper published -3
Dr. Bhaiya Anupam Kumar
- Designation – Guest faculty
- Phone/Mobile – 9431151868
- E-mail – email@example.com
- Specialization – Mineral Exploration
- Tab 2 content goes here.
- Tab 5 content goes here.
- Tab 6 content goes here.
- Tab 7 content goes here.
- Tab 8 content goes here.
- Tab 9 content goes here.
- Tab 10 content goes here.