Nutrition and dietetics has been always a key concept in the domain of health education for centuries old. It is the ultimate stratum of almost all medical endeavours. Without proper diet and nutrition concept ideas and postulates can hardly reach the epitome in health expeditions. Clinical nutrition is nutrition of patients in health care. Clinical in this sense refers to the management of patients, including not only outpatients at clinics but also (and mainly) inpatients in hospitals. Clinical nutrition and dietetics has proven itself to be the backbone of the health sector in present scenario. Dietetics is theinterpretation and communication of the science of nutrition so that people can make informed and practical choices about food and life style, in both health and disease. So it works as an awareness agent in the society.
About the Department:-
To cater need and aspiration of students,Vinoba Bhave University, Hazaribag stared Post Graduation course in “Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics” in the year 2005.Till date this is the only university offering Post Graduation course in Jharkhand and Bihar. Initially classes were started in K.B.Womens college, Hazaribag. The Department shifted to present building in 2011. The initial intake in the CND programme was 20 (twenty) students. Presently the intake is 40 and it is based on CET conducted by the department. Eligibility criteria for the admission in M.SC. CND is Graduation with 45% marks and with Bachelor Degree in CND/ Food Nutrition and Dietetics/ Food Science/ Food and Nutrition/ Biotechnology/ B.SC Home science/ Botany/ Zoology and Chemistry.
With limited resources the department is trying its best to provide quality education in the field of Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics. Till date eight batches have already been passed out from the department. Out of them near about 65 to 70 percent students are placed at good position in different Hospitals/organizations.
Presently the students of semester viz. 2013 – 15, 2014 – 16 and 2015 – 17 are studying here in the department.
There are 91 students and 03 faculty members in the department.
- Tab 2 content goes here.
Lecture Plan of CLINICAL NUTRITION AND DIETETICS LECTURE PLAN OF CND CLASS ROUTINE FOR FACULTIES
Historical Events/Significant Milestones of the Department
- 10.03.11- A seminar was organised on cancer. Dr. Amitabh a noted oncologist enlightened students on causes and prevention of cancer.
- 03.05.11- SWABHIMAN:- A seminar on women empowerment. The empowerment programme was ingangued by Hon’ble V.C. R N Bhagat. Pro V.C. Prof. A.K. Srivastava was chief guest. Students were informed about healthy diet, career opportunities and there legal right.
- 04.05.11- A talk on pollution & Health was given by Dr. N.K. Srivastawa .Scientist CIMFR, Dhanbad.
- 13.05.11 & 14.05.11- Two days programme on diet counselling was held during which teaching and non-teaching staff of VBU campus were advised about nutrition vis-a-vis good health.
- 14.02.2012- Seminar on vitamin A prophylaxis &Programme. Seminar on Eye by Dr. A. K. Sinha, DIG Medical MeruCantt, H.Bag
- 09.12.2012- Diabetes Melastall by students of P.G., C.N.D. in Town Hall, H.Bag
- 23.02.2013- Seminar on Diabetes by Diabetologist Dr. Dhandhania, Ranchi.
- 09-09-13- One day Seminar on Kidney Diseases by Gurdeepkaur, Dietician AIIMS Hospital New Delhi.
- 12.5.2014- Seminar on Yoga and Diet by Dr. Ranjana Kumar
- 9.9.14 & 10.9.14- Two days Diet CouncellingProgramme for all the Teaching and Non-teaching Staffs, V.B.U
- 08.08.15 lecturer on skill and personality development
- 10.09.15 – Diet counselling of all the staff of VinobaBhave University
- 10.01.16 – seminar on “Make food safe to eat”
- 05.06.16 – Van- Mohotsav
- 05.08.16 – Breast feedingAwareness program on occasion of breast feeding week (1- 7 August)